If you’ve ever had your luggage lost while traveling, you know it can be a nightmare. But don’t despair, there are things you can do to try and locate your lost luggage.
My own experience when I lost my luggage in 2021
It was frustrinating to say the least.
I was traveling for 9-days to attend a conference, Haven Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, and I had packed for 9-days, so I didn’t have any clothes with me since they were all in my luggage.
I immediately filed a claim with the airline. They were very helpful and gave me a reference number for my lost luggage. Calling daily, they still could not locate my luggage.
I was able to contact the airport police and requested a surveillance video on the carousel my 2 pieces of white luggage arrived on. You will see that they do not monitor the baggage claim and do not check your baggage claim ticket with those that leave with suitcases. I wasn’t able to get to the baggage claim quickly enough, and you see a l woman appearing as a ‘traveler’ watching and grabbed my suitcases and left with them. Since it was during covid, they could not identify who she was..
Here are five tips on what to do when your luggage gets lost:
– File a missing baggage claim as soon as possible. Most airlines have a 24-hour hotline you can call to report your missing luggage. Be sure to have your flight information and a detailed description of the bag ready when you call.
– Check with the airport lost and found. Sometimes bags that are initially thought to be lost will turn up at the airport’s lost and found office. So it’s always worth checking there first.
– Check with your hotel. If your luggage was lost en route to your destination, it’s possible that it has been delivered to your hotel. So be sure to check with the front desk or concierge when you arrive.
– Search social media. In today’s age of social media, there’s a good chance someone has posted about finding your lost luggage on sites like Twitter or Facebook. So do a search for keywords like “lost luggage” and your airport code (e.g., “LAX”) to see if anything turns up.
– Hire a professional service. If all else fails, there are companies that specialize in locating lost luggage. They may charge a fee, but they could potentially save you a lot of hassle and stress in the long run.
Here are a few items that you can purchase that will help locate your items:
-TSA Approved Luggage Lock https://amzn.to/3PmAdPI
-Tile Sport Key Finder https://amzn.to/3o95YjM
-iTrack GPS Tracker https://amzn.to/3APWSjm
-apple AirTag https://amzn.to/3z3EhxV
-Samsung galaxy smart tag https://amzn.to/3RO3gxI
-luggage tag https://amzn.to/3o7oKYQ
No one wants to lose their luggage while traveling. But if it does happen, these tips and tricks will help you get your bags back as quickly as possible. Safe travels!
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but remember that each situation is unique so use your best judgement in deciding what to do. And above all, don’t panic! With a little patience and perseverance, chances are you’ll be reunited with your belongings before you know it. Happy travels! #lostluggage #travelhacks #packingtips #luggagetips #travelingwithkids #familytravels #vacationtime #traveltipsandtricks?”